It’s been an interesting seven days. Here’s a few comments and observations from the news that has broken and what I’ve seen and heard around me.
1. Football at all levels needs to sort its game out. Greed, arrogance, racism, you name it
2. Roy Hodgson & the FA can learn a lot from Stuart Lancaster’s plans for developing the game & players from grassroots & regional levels upwards. Sensible refreshing stuff.
3. Tesco staff and managers in Rugby must have too much time on their hands, judging that it took 6 of them to stack cereal and jam whilst discussing the life of Darth Vader
Darth: a key and influential topic of importance among supervisers at Tesco Rugby
4. Some people really do just take the p!$$ and don’t have a clue
5. £8 to watch Southern League Midland/Central Division football – for what is glorified Sunday morning football, is laughable. See point 1 + 4
6. if my kids had 10p for every conker we collected on Sunday, they would have a lot of money. A new seasonal pop-up shop – The Conker Shop, opens later in the week for half term.
Note: apparently there is a conker shortage in Warwickshire. Really? You just have to look in the right places.
7. Christmas is not that far away really
8. The forces of good are pulling me towards a new, fresh opportunity and challenge for 2013 – more on that in due course.